Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Is the Fox Guarding the Henhouse?



Is the FDA really looking out for our best interests? According to a recent Frontline program aired on PBS, the answer appears to be a resounding No. The program interviewed past employees who admitted they were pressured into covering up for potentially harmful medications that often times didn’t prove to be therapeutically effective when compared to other medicines or placebo. Yet these drugs were given patent status and released into the market.



Officials at GlaxoSmithKline, makers of the antidepressant drug Paxil, in internal documents show that it has no benefit to adolescents according to a 1998 trial. According to this document, the officials recommend that staff “effectively manage the dissemination of these data in order to minimize any potential negative commercial impact.” In other words, it doesn’t work.

Other documents from the makers of Paxil show that one in sixty people on Paxil attempt suicide, while one in five hundred fifty on placebo attempt suicide (as reported by the BBC last year).

It is sobering to realize that evaluation for drug-induced deaths is not part of the review of safety and efficacy conducted by the FDA.

Typically, only a few hundred patients are treated with a new drug in placebo-controlled trials before the drug is approved. Also, the duration of placebo-controlled treatment is usually short – 30 to 90 days. How, then, will we determine whether a drug increases mortality?

Dr. Thomas Bigger, Columbia University, in an editorial commentary that appeared in The New England Journal of Medicine, June 1994

Discovering new dangers of drugs after marketing is so common that overall, 51 percent of approved drugs have serious adverse effects not detected prior to approval. Each year prescription drugs injure 1.5 million people so severely they require hospitalization and as stated above, over 100,000 die each year.
Around 1,400 employees work for the FDA whose main duties relate to approving new drugs. Yet, there are only 52 full time employees who monitor the safety of all the drugs currently on the market.



*The FDA estimates that only about 1% percent of adverse events are ever reported.
For example, the toxic effects of the heart medication dioxin are well documented and include a particularly serious heart arrhythmia. Each year, the FDA receives an average of only 82 adverse-reaction reports for dioxin, suggesting that the drug is not particularly dangerous.

However, when Medicare records were systematically studied, a shocking 202,211 hospitalizations due to dioxin adverse effects were found in a seven-year period. This would be equivalent to over 28,000 adverse reactions per year due to dioxin.

JAMA, 1998[279;19]: 1571-1573, Time to Act on Drug Safety, May 20, 1998

What can you do to prevent being another statistic?  
Read about every drug you are taking or are considering taking. Learn if there are safer drugs and or natural ways-diet, exercise, supplements you can take or do that will increase your chances of eliminating the cause of your condition.
A case in point-if you have high blood sugar levels or type II diabetes, the cause is usually from excess weight. Losing weight is the answer- not taking drugs. 

I've posted to my website, www.treatingandbeating.com, several articles with natural protocols for various conditions including anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, heart disease, ADHD, diabetes, and many more.  If you're looking for alternatives to drugs and surgery only mentality my treatingandbeating site is a good place to start. I'd also recommended mayo.org for researching your prescription drugs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

It is nice information about medical area. Training gives a good experience and makes a good effect also.
How To Treat Hypertension

Donna Robert said...

The worst time has passed”However, it is true that there are more improvements than before...because of the rising numbers of people living with HIV in the state of Nevada. How could they stigmatize all of them? Therefore everything becomes a little easier and we start to share everything... We also started to invite and visit each other in a community. You know, it is six years since I started taking antiretroviral drugs...Yet whatever problems I face, the worst time has passedWhen I was evicted from the family home by my mother, my father rented a small room for me. But my mother and brothers believed that having HIV was my own fault – and that I deserved to be punished...I also considered myself unworthy and without hope... But I have a child and eventually I convinced myself to live for my child’s sake.
My mother knew nothing [about HIV]. She didn’t understand anything. Do you know why? She didn’t have [the chance] to go out of the house and communicate with society. However, my father does interact with the community. I know his friends are mature and dignified africa america. So he has a better understanding than her.My father came call me on a sadfull day sitting on my couch about a friend of his from africa who introduce him to Dr Itua herbal  cure in africa in which he advise we should purchase his herbal medicine to cure my hiv so we did and Dr Itua prescribed I should drink the herbal medicine for two weeks to cure although we were so curious about the whole thing ,I finished the herbal medicine like he advised then he talked to me to visit my nearest clinic for check up I did and now I'm totally cured from Hiv my father was my rock and I and my family are now happy together also Dr Itua has be helpful in my community ever since he cure my Hiv so why I'm leaving  my story on here today is to reach out someone out here to hope on God and never give up no matter the situation you that you are facing especially through this pandemic seasons which has really taught us all on how we should be helpful to each other and cherish one another.Dr Itua cures the following diseases.....  Herpes,Liver cancer,Throat cancerLeukemia.,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis.
Intestinal cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Bladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
Testicular cancer,Thyroid Cancer.You can contact Dr Itua Herbal Center on E-Mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com  Or Whats-App Chat : +2348149277967